Healthcare workers are responsible for providing patients with crucial services that can save their lives. While healthcare workers are among the most important laborers in Northern California, they are also at great risk of sustaining numerous injuries. From irate patients and deadly diseases to the physical toll that comes with working long hours, doctors and nurse encounter serious threats to their own health on a daily basis.
Below are the top causes of injury in the healthcare field:
- Needle Injuries: Many healthcare workers are stabbed with needles and other sharp medical instruments during the course of their work. Needle injuries also increase the risk of spreading bloodborne diseases like HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis B or C.
- Patient Handling Injuries: Manually lifting patients from their beds or moving them to different positions can cause sprains, muscle damage, and ligament tears.
- Repetitive Stress Injuries: According to OSHA, healthcare workers are 7x more likely to develop musculoskeletal disorders than workers in other industries.
- Violent Injuries: OSHA says that healthcare workers are at high risk of being involved in a violent attack at work. Lacerations and broken bones are the most commonly reported violent injuries among healthcare workers.
- Slips & Falls: Spilled liquids and debris on the floor can cause workers to slip and fall. Head and back injuries tend to result from slip and fall accidents.
- Sprains & Strains: OSHA reports that sprains and strains are the most commonly reported injury among healthcare workers.
Workers’ Comp Lawyer in Hollister
Are you a healthcare worker who suffered an injury at work? If so, you should immediately speak to our legal team at Polaris Law Group. We can review your options and develop a legal strategy that will allow you to pursue the maximum compensation you are entitled to. Let us provide you with the personalized and effective legal solutions you need to obtain justice.