Monterey County Sexual Harassment Attorney
What Is Considered Sexual Harassment?
It is illegal for an employer or a fellow employee to sexually harass you and create a hostile work environment.
Sexual harassment can also involve any unwanted:
- Sexually explicit visual
- Or physical advances
It can also include a desire for sex or requests for sex because of a person's gender.
Specific examples of behaviors which could indicate sexual harassment include:
- Making or threatening reprisals after a negative response to sexual advances
- Offering employment benefits for sexual acts
- Physical conduct (including touching, assault, or blocking movements)
- Making derogatory jokes
- Sexual commentaries about an individual's body
- Propositioning sex
He works hard to resolve even the toughest employment cases that other attorneys often turn down. Once you meet with Bill, he will file a suit within the first few days of your meeting.
If you are the victim of sexual harassment, you should report it to your supervisor or Human Resources Department. If this activity continues despite your complaints, you can take legal action and seek damages for your mistreatment.
Victims of sexual harassment may be eligible to receive compensation for:
- Lost wages
- And emotional suffering
California law demands that an employer take all necessary steps to prevent harassment. If there is no policy or program in place to prevent harassment, a company may be held liable for failing to take steps to prevent harassment.
In California, businesses can be held liable for sexual harassment if:
- The employee involved was a supervisor, manager, owner, or an executive of the company
- The company had actual knowledge of the harassment in cases where the employee was not a supervisor
- An employee reported the harassment to a supervisor and the activity happened again
Bill Marder Can Help Protect You; Call (888) 796-4010 to Begin
If you have suffered from sexual harassment or other forms of gender discrimination, you can count on Bill Marder to help you fight for justice. He has more than 25 years of legal experience and will only charge you if he wins your case.
Free Consultations to Evaluate Your Case
More Than 25 Years of Experience in Employment Law
Committed to Efficient & Effective Legal Services
Payment Is Only Required If a Full Recovery Is Made
Lawsuits Are Filed Within a Few Days of Consultation
Willing to Fight for You When Other Lawyers Won’t Take Your Case