Representation for Victims of Disability Discrimination in California
In California, you are considered disabled if you have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits major life activities.
Major life activities include:
To be considered a disabling condition, the disability must also be perceived as long-standing or permanent.
There are many protections under state and federal law for disabled workers. However, disability discrimination still occurs in the workplace and to job applicants. Discrimination is often difficult to prove without the help of an attorney with knowledge of these legal issues.
If you have experienced disability discrimination at work, you don't have to handle it alone. Speak with Attorney Bill Marder of Polaris Law Group to discuss your experience with disability discrimination. You will only be charged for payment if there is a recovery.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you are a part of a protected class if you suffer from a disability. As a result, it is illegal for an employer to take the following actions as a result of your disability:
- Discharge you
- Fail to promote you
- Fail to hire you
- Mistreat you
Employers also have a responsibility to provide disability accommodations, as long as they do not impose "undue hardship" on the business.
These can include:
- Workplace facilities access for disabled individuals
- Reassignment to a vacant position for which the disabled employee is qualified
- Part-time or modified work schedules
- Modified equipment to accommodate a disabled employee.
Employees also have the right to take leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Employers cannot legally deny reasonable requests for FMLA leave and doing so is a form of disability discrimination.
Disabled employees are also protected from retaliation for a request for reasonable workplace changes. This means if you are discharged for your request, you could have a case for disability discrimination.
How Polaris Law Group Can Help
If you have a rightful claim, you could be entitled to compensation for your:
- Lost salary
- And pain and suffering
In some instances, you may be entitled to punitive damages.
To win a claim, you must prove that you:
- Have a disability
- Are capable of performing the essential functions of a job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Were unlawfully discriminated against because of your disability
It is important to have a qualified Monterey County disability discrimination lawyer representing you. An attorney with experience in disability discrimination law can provide legal advice on any aspect of your claim.
Our firm can:
- Evaluate the facts
- Negotiate your requests
- And investigate the details to build a strong lawsuit
Your lawyer will be by your side to protect your rights.
Our Approach to Disability Discrimination Cases
At Polaris Law Group, we understand that facing disability discrimination can be a distressing experience. Our attorneys are committed to advocating for the rights of individuals who have been subjected to unfair treatment due to their disability.
When you choose Polaris Law Group to handle your disability discrimination case, you can expect:
- Personalized legal representation: We take the time to listen to your story, understand the unique challenges you have faced, and tailor our approach to your specific needs.
- Extensive knowledge and experience: Our attorneys have a deep understanding of disability discrimination laws and regulations at both the state and federal levels. We stay up-to-date on the latest legal developments to ensure the strongest possible representation for our clients.
- Thorough investigation: We conduct a comprehensive investigation to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf. This includes interviewing witnesses, reviewing relevant documents, and consulting with experts when necessary.
- Negotiation and settlement expertise: We are skilled negotiators who will work tirelessly to secure a fair settlement that reflects the harm you have suffered. If a settlement cannot be reached, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial and fight for your rights in court.
- Clear and open communication: We believe in keeping our clients informed and involved throughout the entire legal process. We will provide regular updates on the progress of your case, answer any questions you may have, and ensure that you feel supported every step of the way.
Don't let disability discrimination go unchallenged. Contact Polaris Law Group today to schedule a consultation and learn how we can help you seek justice and hold those responsible accountable for their actions.
Free Consultations to Evaluate Your Case
More Than 25 Years of Experience in Employment Law
Committed to Efficient & Effective Legal Services
Payment Is Only Required If a Full Recovery Is Made
Lawsuits Are Filed Within a Few Days of Consultation
Willing to Fight for You When Other Lawyers Won’t Take Your Case